Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2007 , 10:18 AM

Texture Stretching

Hey, I laid out my UV's for my character. I took my body UV's and painted them in Photoshop, brought them back into Maya and applied it to my body, and got serious stretching in the middle. Now one thing I should mention is that a buddy told me that I should "Unfold UV's whenever I can", so I did for the front of the body. I hope that doesn't mess up anything if my front UV's are somewhat unfolded after I map them.

I've uploaded an image of the texture stretching below:

https://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?im...problemft8.jpg

HELP!!

# 2 31-03-2007 , 11:29 AM
Perhaps re-UV the "stretched" faces?

# 3 31-03-2007 , 01:12 PM
Yes, the front and the back were fine, but the sides are stretching, so maybe ill re-UV with sides UV-mapped this time (not a combo of front-sides and back-sides)... ?

# 4 01-04-2007 , 12:29 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Just move those particular uvs in the texture editor, its not that hard to do. The faces obviously have uvs, you just need to find the right ones. You can right click over the model>uv, then select the particular part then check them in the editor and move them into place. Done!

_J