Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-11-2018 , 05:51 AM
SM Tea Boy

Texture Upload & Collaboration system - Explained

This system allow you to share and collaborate on CG textures.

Video explaining the system can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVMd...ature=youtu.be

A longer explanation and a video will follow shortly for now here is the FAQ.

Fell free to upload or play with the system I'll be adding more textures over the coming few hours.

• Q. Damn! that's a big mini FAQ don't you have a video i can watch or something it's 2018
  • A. Yes here you go. (coming soon)

• Q. It's all gone wrong! I've spelled my name wrong, I don't like the platform, my coffees gone cold, and I want to remove or edit my project, can I?
  • A. Yes, at the click of a button.

• Q. What sort of images are allowed.
  • A. Anything used for the creation of CG textures. This could be a photographic reference or a texture set (base color, normal map, spec map, ao and so on) Take a look at what's there for guidance.

• Q. What image formats are supported and how many images can I upload?
  • A. JPEG, PNG 8 / 16 bit, and Tiff 8 / 16 bit. You can upload 15 images at once but you can add to that number later. There is no maximum limit

• Q. What are the file size limits?
  • A. 50 MB per image!

• Q. Can people collaborate on my work to create awesome new work and new textures while giving me credit and providing assets for the community as a whole?
  • A. Yes as long as they attribe you and follow the terms of the licence you pick.

• Q Can i stop people from making money of my work?
  • A Yes. You can also allow them to make money of your work depends on which licence you pick (We will make this very clear in the later steps)

• Q. Can I make money from my work?
  • A. Well you can add a paypal donate button next to it. *We make no money (zero) from this nor does it go through any system we manage. We simply link a "tip" button directly to your paypal.

• Q. Can i stop people from using my work at all?
  • A. Yes upload it to Instagram or keep it in an envelope in a locked draw or something. Seriously this is a collaboration system if you don't want people to be able to build of your work this is not the place for you.

• Q. What can SimplyMaya do with my images?
  • A. Take over the world maybe? But really only what's stated in the licence you decide on. You grant us the same rights as everyone else.

• Q. What licence's can i pick from?
  • A. Most of the Creative commons types. If your not familiar with the CC we'll take you through it in the next steps.

• Q. Will my images show up straight away?
  • A. No it will take up to 12 hours we need to moderate them and do our best to make sure your not uploading someone else's work, I'm sure your not but hey this is the Internet! We also use an AI for this but honestly as we don't have Warren Buffett money laying around our AI is dumb as a sack of hammers.

• Q. Some absolute b***ard has upload my work to your platform!
  • A. I feel your pain, let me know I'll get the work and the user of the platform admin@simplymaya.com

• Q. Is this an advertising supported platform?
  • A. No

• Q. So how do you make money of my work?
  • A. We've sold Maya training for 20 years, this system is free to all but it's supported by the people that buy that training.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"