Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 16-09-2014 , 11:57 AM
SM Tea Boy
@juanpax thanks very much the lighting and rendering should be out soon.

Here is volume 3 https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...ut/?tut_id=362 headus UVLayout

Quite happy with this one, anyone that finds the process of uvlayout a bit slow should watch this and more importantly grab a copy of headus UVlayout (https://www.uvlayout.com/) I can't recomend the programe highley enough.

All the best
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 17 16-09-2014 , 12:20 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 18 16-09-2014 , 09:25 PM
Lifetime Member
Hey thanks for the response David, I'll have a shot at doing that and see what I come up with, if I get confused I'll take you up on the video offer.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 19 16-09-2014 , 09:43 PM
Lifetime Member
I can get the wireframe showing up when I playblast but not when I render, what am I missing?

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 20 16-09-2014 , 10:02 PM
SM Tea Boy
you won't get the wire to show up in the render, you need to use the images form the playblast and overlay them on the render. I use nuke but aftereffects will do or even photoshop if you're just doing a single frame. Use a plus merge and the black will disappear leaving the render with the viewport wire over the top.

If you can't get it no bother i'll record a short video will have to wait till the morrow though as it's midnight here atm.

Dave

# 21 18-09-2014 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber
So I'm following this excellent tutorial, but in lesson 12 I run into a problem. At 4:55 my curve won't display any vertices, it stays just selected and of course my tube won't bend. Any suggestions what went wrong?

# 22 18-09-2014 , 09:12 PM
The thin red line
tanzill did you rebuild the curve.................dave

# 23 19-09-2014 , 11:53 AM
SM Tea Boy

So I'm following this excellent tutorial, but in lesson 12 I run into a problem. At 4:55 my curve won't display any vertices, it stays just selected and of course my tube won't bend. Any suggestions what went wrong?

Sorry i totally missed this are you still having a problem?

Glad you liked the tutorial
Dave

# 24 19-09-2014 , 11:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for response. Yes, I did rebuild curve. Tried same thing a few times following exactly the steps in tutorial, but something is not working so well.

# 25 19-09-2014 , 12:01 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll run through that part of the tutorial now and see if i can find the problem.

Dave

# 26 19-09-2014 , 12:23 PM
SM Tea Boy
@tanzill is your ep curve set to 3 cubic and knot spacing uniform? It should be set to that by default. if it is send me the maya file dave@simplymaya.com and i'll try and figure out what's gone wrong for you.

Dave

# 27 19-09-2014 , 02:09 PM
SM Tea Boy
I got the file thanks the problem is the CV points are hidden in maya 2015. Go to the show menu in the viewport and click all. Thats the menu on the top edge of the perspective or orthographic views.

Anything else i can help with let me know.
Dave

# 28 30-09-2014 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber
Hi, quick question. The tutorial of "heads UV Layout" would be like the third part or volume 3 of "interiors & furniture...", right? Just wanted to now because I'm about to start "interiors and furniture". When will the volume of texturing / lighting / rendering be ready? No pressure user added image just for curiosity. I know those 3 first volumes will keep me busy for a while user added image

BTW, I just finished the "victorian house" tutorial, it wasn't the greatest but it had some useful stuff, here is the final result. Its only the model, I'm not planning to finish it until I complete these and other tutorials in SimplyMaya.

There's more of my work at https://serkestudio.com/design/

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 30-09-2014 , 12:57 AM
SM Tea Boy
Nice work there

I hope you enjoy my tutorials and yes the heads UV Layout tutorial can be thought of as volume 3 in the series.

I finished the mental ray tutorial about an hour ago user added image so if mental ray is your render engine of choice then it should be out in a couple of days, you'll have to wait a week if you want vray.

All the best
Dave

# 30 30-09-2014 , 11:45 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Looks like a nice tute....we are using headus here at work..Im not personally but a couple of the creature guys are...

Cheers
J