Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-05-2006 , 05:56 AM

Music VIdeo

Hi all,

I've been asked to make a music video for a dance track. Of course, I am totally outa my legue on this one user added image

I have uploaded a short section of the clip to show the Maya work thus far:

https://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3858716
(the video is rendered as a windows media (wmv) - hope this is ok)

I would really like some feedback if possible....?

Please note - is is only my 2nd attempt at using maya & I still have not finished the 1st - lol.

I'm am also happy to answer any questions.....

Cheers......

https://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3858716

# 2 10-05-2006 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
really nice video tiddles

i liked it, specially the animation if ur a new maya user, excellent work. :attn:
the only crit i have is that the lighting may need a bit of tweaking. example: use more spotlight lights may give it a more "skarier look" rather than point light or directional light.

other than that love the animationuser added image

# 3 10-05-2006 , 09:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words!

The suggestion on lighting is a good one. As I am still very new to all this, I really do need to play around with that.

The original idea was to just make the alien, then comp him into a virtual set (www.seriousmagic.com). This was ment to save time etc, however I soon realised that his eyes & shoulders etc had no reflections and it looked really crappy.

So I was 'forced' to build parts of the room. Seems that with every cam angle I chose, I had to build a little more of the room as it would be seen in background - lol.

4 or 5 cam anlges later, the room was completely re-modeled in Maya. I still use the virtual set for any front on cam angles, leaving my model just to fill in the background of panning shots or close ups.

I have attched a quick render of the complete Maya elements. (lighting is ramped up a bit so I could see it all)

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 11-05-2006 , 04:37 AM
If anyone interested.....

Here is a couple of shots of the 'control panel'. Keep in mind that I was trying for ultra low-tech.....

Hmmm, I'd like to try one of these instead of my keyboard & mouse. Could only improve my Maya skills - lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 11-05-2006 , 04:38 AM
and with some basic textures...

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 11-05-2006 , 05:18 AM
And now some shots of the alien....

To give credit where it's due, the arms are NOT my work (free download from turbosquid.com). I did however re-rig them and all the actual animation is my own.

Also the basic head shape was heavly borrowed from a concept I found somewhere online (can't remember site now). But I did play with shape and added teeth & fangs etc.

He was fun to make and I was basically flying blind as I cannot draw to save my life so did not do the right thing and use referance image planes.

Comments would be appreciated :attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 11-05-2006 , 05:19 AM
some texture....

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 11-05-2006 , 05:20 AM
Another angle....

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 11-05-2006 , 05:25 AM
last one....

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 11-05-2006 , 06:43 PM