Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-11-2011 , 05:49 AM

Two different meshes seam Problem/ Blendshapes

I am working on biped male human character and I need to texture it with two different size texture maps. I am using a 1024k map for the head and a 2048k map for the body. A colleague I'm working with has told me to separate the head from the body because he tells me blend shapes can only work when the mesh is separate from the body.He will create blend shapes for the head. I have kept the meshes separate but I'm getting an annoying seam. I have already tried to match the colors of where the normal maps meet at the neck but I don't think the normal map is the case. I think it's just because the meshes are separate from each other - the neck and the body. Light is catching the separation between these two meshes. Is there a way to get rid of this seam? The only way I know is to attach both meshes and soften the edges but then the blend shapes won't work...Please help! I have attached images to this post. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-11-2011 , 07:46 AM
The thin red line
You could try the 3D paint tool that has a clone brush, not sure why you have 2 texture as 1 would do...........dave

# 3 11-01-2015 , 12:31 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
mari..zbrush, the 3d paint tool will solve this for you

Jay