Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 21-11-2002 , 05:25 AM
Erm, what am I ready for? user added image

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 17 21-11-2002 , 09:40 PM
SM Alumni
If you really want to get "artistic", try using render layers for effect. Maybe try a distance setup where you render objects seperately based on distance from the camera...you can also render in the more traditional way and do seperate layers for things like specular, shadows,etc. Edit each layer seperately and put them together in Photoshop for some interesting results. Adldesigner put the link up somewhere to a nice tut at Gnomon Online for traditional layer rendering user added image

Just another way of enhancing and extending the render capabilities of Maya for you user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 18 22-11-2002 , 06:29 AM
I really didn't understand anything you just said but... it works. user added image I'll post my latest renders this weekend for next week and show you what I did with GI Joe and all my other shaders. I'm impressed with my own work but I know there's more I can do to make it look more realistic. I may do some experimenting with HDRI soon and see if it yields better results. Thanks again, D, for all of your advice! user added image

- Always,
Russell

Russell Bolding
# 19 23-11-2002 , 06:30 AM
Okay... here we go again! user added image I've decided to give MR another try... why, I'll never know. ;/ Question: What the heck does this mean?

// Error: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : Could not find a mentalrayGlobals node //
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

...and why am I getting it?

It was odd and annoying at first... now it's just plain p!SSing me off! HELP!!

- Russell

Russell Bolding
# 20 23-11-2002 , 07:10 PM
SM Alumni
Hmmm.......I know MR will fail if the dedicated port is in use by another program...though I'm not sure if this is the case here. What do you have running when you are trying to use MR? Anything other than the OS and Maya?

Are you getting this on trying to load the plugin or when trying to use it?

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.