Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-05-2007 , 08:15 AM
Acid44

grass and wind simulation

i want to set up a scene where theres a tree on a hill and grass around it inside a farm type yard with a barbed wire fence. itll just be a basic flyby scene maybe with a car or motorbike going by.

what i need to know is how to set up the grass leaves and wire on the fence with wind so that they are blowing back and forth.

if anyone knows of any tutorials or knows how to set this up itd be great. thanksuser added image

EDIT: its been ten mins and now im gonna eat when i get back to my comp if theres no answer im gonna DO SOMETHING AWFUL TO YOU ALL MWUAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!user added image

EDIT2: im baaaaaack... no answer huh? thats it! your gonna get it now!:p

Last edited by Acid44; 17-05-2007 at 09:23 AM.
# 2 17-05-2007 , 11:43 AM
Hmm perhaps you can create the grass by using the fur, then just add turbulance?

There is a great tutorial by digital tutors that discusses this area. Otherwise search this site for some tutorial on this.

Best of luck. user added image

# 3 17-05-2007 , 12:58 PM
Acid44
ok thanks man ill try it when i get home mondayuser added image

# 4 18-05-2007 , 05:34 AM
Acid44
any ideas on the fence and leaves for the tree?

# 5 18-05-2007 , 06:30 AM
What do you want to do with the fence?

# 6 18-05-2007 , 09:34 AM
Acid44
just basic barbed wire-farm style fence blowing in calm wind

# 7 18-05-2007 , 06:51 PM
If You use a paint FX tree it has some animation on it so you can get it looking like its blllowing nicely (or use expressions etc to get it movinbg how you want it to. Heres an example of a tree and fur animated using some expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZ4PkH9ruM

Not too sure how you would go about the fence as im not too sure what you want ti to look like, aybe have a ply with softbodies and springs???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle