Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-10-2007 , 03:08 PM

Whited out workspace? PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE!

Hello all,

I am pleased to say i found the solution to my problem, and i am pretty sure this will be of benefit to everyone else I HOPE? After getting to my last tuft of hair LOL!! I tried all the solutions that had been posted in different forums about right clicking Maya.exe and changing compatability, disabling visual themes and desktop composition! Alas they did not work for me..........so i was just about done........but as a last resort i went into my Nvidia Display 3D settings panel switched all settings to OFF and then tried MAYA and hey presto everything worked beautifully i could even use my Vista Aero theme. So then all i needed to do was systematically work my way through each setting IE: Turn each setting on 1 by 1 and eventually i found the culprit!!! It was the EXTENSION LIMIT that causes the whited out workspace. Switched everything else back on or to the settings that suited me and everything runs sweetly :-)

I have included an image to help, of course this also depends on what system or Comp set up you have but i am confident you will find your Nvidia settings Panel.

SEE IMAGE:https://www.snapdrive.net/files/20970...ol%20Panel.jpg

Please feel free to post this on any other forums you have come across people having the same poblem CHEERS!

And thanks again Arran & Js

Last edited by tthetank; 30-10-2007 at 03:55 PM.
# 2 30-10-2007 , 11:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks for the tip user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 31-10-2007 , 01:06 PM
Glad you finally managed to sort it out!

And thanks for posting up the solution - that was very confusing.user added image