Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 21-06-2008 , 03:56 PM
Acid44
lmao @jay

don't worry my money's gonna be a menthol smokeruser added image

anybody know what kinda munly it is in george of the jungle??? that's the kind of monkey i want:p so cuteuser added image

# 17 21-06-2008 , 04:01 PM
The answers you seek can be found here.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 18 21-06-2008 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
that monkey looks like he's stoned out of his mind.

# 19 21-06-2008 , 11:41 PM
Human assistance

Some organizations, such as Helping Hands in Boston, Massachusetts, have been training capuchin monkeys to assist quadriplegics in a manner similar to mobility assistance dogs. After being socialized in a human home as infants, the monkeys undergo extensive training before being placed with a quadriplegic. Around the house, the monkeys help out by doing tasks including microwaving food, washing the quadriplegic's face, and opening drink bottles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats something i would want (without being quadriplegic)

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 20 22-06-2008 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber

# 21 22-06-2008 , 01:01 AM
Acid44
@the architect - thanks dudeuser added image

@rhetoric - that's what im training mine for user added image

@ joopyboy - that would be cool but i wouldn't trust a monkey to cook for me... never know though, burgers might be better with some monkey in em :p

@Roknor - that's friggin awesome dude, cheaper than i would have expected too, thanksuser added image

# 22 22-06-2008 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
haha, let me know if it works out for you

# 23 22-06-2008 , 12:44 PM
Senior Software Developer
Do you speak Monkey?

Oooh Ooooh Ahh ahh Eeek eeeek Oooh

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 24 22-06-2008 , 12:52 PM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Do you speak Monkey?

Oooh Ooooh Ahh ahh Eeek eeeek Oooh

Am I the only one who finds this extremely amusing?

You know what I mean... user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 25 23-06-2008 , 03:44 PM
mate - sorry - but why do you want a monkey?

monkeys live for a really long time and for most of that time they won't be fun, cute or cuddly - having a monkey is like having an extremely energetic and agile 3 year old around - they will be totally dependent and require constant supervision - you won't be able to go out in the evening and putting them in a cage is the equivalent to putting them in jail - and i haven't even mentioned shit - they will likely be frustrated and angry that you have them cooped up in your house and they could become violent.

don't get me wrong - i think it's cool that you have an interest in monkeys- you should look into working for an organisation such as a sanctuary or zoo - but wanting to own a monkey because right now you think that they are cool, is not cool.

# 26 23-06-2008 , 10:37 PM
Acid44
dude beleive me i've thought it all through many times over the past like 3 years, i know it'll be a pain in the ass, but if it does end up being too much to handle i've already found a couple zoo's inthe area that would adopt it
user added image

# 27 23-06-2008 , 11:06 PM

Originally posted by arran
...they will likely be frustrated and angry that you have them cooped up in your house and they could become violent....

hehe, but like Dane Cook said:

"Thats the best part!!
I mean, how stoked would you be if you KNEW there was an evil monkey with a sword waiting for you to get home to do battle?????!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmw9SdkPzcM
...its at the 2:40 minute markuser added image

hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 28 24-06-2008 , 01:18 AM
Lifetime Member
Owning a monkey is just not cool, they are a wild animal and need to have the freedom to do as they wish and that is aside from the fact that they need other monkeys company as they are a social group animal and rely on other older monkeys to learn how to be a monkey.
Nearly everyone that has owned monkey have to either give it up or mistreat it to keep it within about 7 years or so because they simply outgrow YOU in that time.
If you condone owning a baby monkey bare in mind too that poachers would have most likely slaughtered it parent to get it.

It's simply NOT cool and it's not clever.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 29 24-06-2008 , 03:11 AM
Acid44
user added image you're a downer man,obviously if i owned a monkey i would make damn sure it has a MASSIVE area to do whatever the **** it wants, and i wouldnt harm it or trap it at all, and if the monkey is up for sale in the first place the parents are already dead, so there's not much to be said there...

big meanie:p

# 30 24-06-2008 , 04:09 AM
thats why i don't understand vegetarians. They are already killing the cows, why not make use of it?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com