Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 09-10-2007 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
https://www.ravage3d.com/images/neils...s/ruins6_1.jpg

ok after a little time away to work on some stuff for the London Game Career Fair (trying to get a new cg job) and becoming a character modeller for hope online game project - I`m back to work on this. Just filling in where everything would be before covering areas in rubble or smashing things up. The bell tower is 100% gone now as I just did not like it.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 09-10-2007 at 05:25 PM.
# 47 09-10-2007 , 05:09 PM
looking very cool tweetytunes - glad to see you are still working on this. what sort of environment are you planning? maybe a couple of gravestones?

# 48 09-10-2007 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by tweetytunes; 09-10-2007 at 07:47 PM.
# 49 10-10-2007 , 05:48 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hey,

The overall look off the grass is very nice, but i think it's to big and to dense.
I would use some bald spots and also let some grass into the ruins courtyard.
But that's just my opinion.
Keep it up

# 50 10-10-2007 , 07:20 AM
I think the grass does look a little too big compared to the rest of the scene but it's not bad for a start. I like how you at least used different colors for the grass as it makes it look a bit more realistic.

If you could have some debris outside the scene, that may help too. You've got nice walls, etc. but a thought that could cross someones mind is, "Where's the pieces of the walls that crumbled and broke off?" Anyway, if you get some extra time before the comp ends, maybe you could put a few pieces on the ground outside the building and partially sticking up through the grass.

Looking good!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 51 10-10-2007 , 02:01 PM
looks very cool - but yeah, a bit big even if it's overgrown.

# 52 10-10-2007 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
yer abit big but as i said its just a test.

@ Perfecto

the different color grass is just 3 different fur types on the same plain - each with different values. I know you can just use color maps but I find it does not work aswell.

as for the rest of the scene you`led have to wait and see but all questions on were everything went will be answered. - just not ready yet

# 53 14-10-2007 , 10:53 AM
19 year Veteran
Awsome job on the grass tweet! This is really shaping up to be a fantastic entry!user added image

# 54 17-10-2007 , 12:43 AM

Very nice!

I liked the texture for the wals
I totally agree with Perfecto, and Arran's grave idea may look nice too.
Here's some other advice for you:
* I think you should put some clouds and a sun with the circles effect from it.
* The roof on the right looks pretty flat, try and fix it (break/tear small pieces of it / put a texture on it).
* Turn over a bench.
* Make a dirt road to where the doorway once was.
Hope this helps,
Benny