Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-02-2004 , 07:28 PM

Jan/Feb-Foamy-Noob

Here's my entry! This is my third character model. It's around 3000 polys right now. I need to do some detail, then clean up some wasted detail then the modeling will be done. I have never rigged or textured a model, so I may not get that done before the end of the contest. I am having some trouble with IK handles, when I set them up in the arms the elbow goes down instead of back.

Anyway here is a pic of the model. I haven't scanned in any concept pics yet. If I do I'll post those as well.

Thanks,
Foamy

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Foamy; 07-02-2004 at 07:30 PM.
# 2 07-02-2004 , 07:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
cool. Looking forward to more. user added image

# 3 07-02-2004 , 08:02 PM
Very unique. Are you going to give him another leg?

# 4 07-02-2004 , 08:07 PM
Thanks. That will be his only leg. When he walks it will be sorta like a gorilla. Put his hands down then move the leg forward. To kick he would put one or both hands down(depending on the kick) and kick with his foot. Does that make sense?

Foamy

# 5 07-02-2004 , 09:00 PM
Actually thats not too bad of an idea, Although you might want to design the arms with a little more flexibility in mind if he has to rely on those for any lower body movement.