Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-10-2005 , 04:06 PM

maya live + 3d environments

hi all,

(sorry wrong forum, i think, but i can't delete the post..)

i spent a day looking for in-depth tutorials on this subject, but had no success so perhaps some of you could help me..

i basically want to put real actors in a 3d environment.

i understand that i have to use some kind of camera tracking (maya live).

i read the maya live tutorial but it didn't help me much as it is all about putting 3d objects in live footage, but i want it the other way.

could someone explain me the workflow for this ?

thanks a lot user added image !

tilman

Last edited by tilman; 05-10-2005 at 04:09 PM.
# 2 08-10-2005 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Hi there tilman.

You will still need to do a matchmove to integrate live actors into a 3D environment, as you will still need the replicated camera move for it all to work. What you would essentially do is matchmove the blue/green screen environment that the actors have been filmed on (this is how it is done in the industry), then the 3D environment can be set up using the same camera move, and put all together in post. There is a thread on this forum that I've put a fair bit of stuff about maya live on, if you have a search for it (sorry, I'm being lazy to put the link, just got back from a week in the sun and am feeling a bit whacked out).

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to reply quickly as I can.

LisaG :p

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/