Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-10-2005 , 12:58 AM

how to make "revolved curve" into polygon?

hi, let say we revolved a curve and now we have an object (revolved surface?), so, how could we change this "surface" to polygon?

# 2 27-10-2005 , 01:12 AM
i think you can change into polygone before you revolve.just click on the little box next to the revolve option(stg like that)and i think there is an option to create a polygone model.

# 3 27-10-2005 , 01:25 AM

wow,

thanks a lot !!

user added image

# 4 07-11-2005 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
As an added bonus, when done this way, the profile curve can still be used to fine tune the poly output... assuming history is on.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 07-11-2005 , 03:46 PM

Originally posted by mc-fleury
i think you can change into polygone before you revolve.just click on the little box next to the revolve option(stg like that)and i think there is an option to create a polygone model.

Quite right, or you could create it in nurbs and then convert.

P.S Where's the polygone?? Only joking!!