Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-06-2006 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber

Kurts dog tutorial

I've just started using maya (Persenal learning edition) And I wanted to make that cartoon dog Kurt shows in the turtorial, But when I get to the third part (where I have to make it to one peace of geometry) I get a problem.

At the start of the third part you have to set the neck and the head together, I clicked on the neck and hold down shift and press the head go to Polygons > Booleans > Union, that works fine. But when I try to conect the head+neck to the body it just disapear.

Anyone knows what Im doin wrong?

user added image

# 2 05-06-2006 , 10:56 AM
Subscriber
thats booleans for u - happens all he time not really a way to get round it may b u could manually merge the verts n that area

i cant remem but r u nt surposed to hit enter after selecting both objects then do union???? (some1 else might know more on this)

soz if im not much helpuser added image

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 05-06-2006 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
Yes, He said that In the tutorial, but when I hit "Enter" nothing happend :O. thanks anyway, Pbman

# 4 05-06-2006 , 03:49 PM
i know. i dont see why u have to hit enter when nothing happens.
I wonder if he's just screwing with us lol
but as for ur question i would make sure all the surfaces are going through one another otherwise do what he does on the tutorial for the hind leg.

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 5 05-06-2006 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
I've tried too, but its like when I've have two things together and I put the third thing on, it just disapear.

For example: The head+neck just disapear
when I set the body on.

And same goes for The body+leg,
when I try to set the other leg on the body,
it just disapear. user added image

# 6 05-06-2006 , 09:47 PM
Well, you can select both objects and go Polygons > Combine. Then just select pairs of vertices and merge them together in Polygons > Merge Vertices

# 7 06-06-2006 , 12:30 PM
try to "insert" the small part into the large part,i mean there should be no gap between two different parts,kurt mention that in the turtorialuser added image

stuck in the reality
# 8 06-06-2006 , 01:22 PM
Subscriber
thanks dbsmith

user added image yea I know, Ricotredfield

Last edited by Mads_Anthony; 06-06-2006 at 01:30 PM.