Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-02-2008 , 10:32 PM

Boolean a Plane

Hi,

Ive been tearing my hair out trying to boolean an object (plane) but realized it need to be a solid objective (extruded) in order to boolean but what would be the best way to cut a hold from a plane?

Many thanks all

# 2 16-02-2008 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member
either move the vertices into the shape of the hole or use the split polygon tool to draw the shape and then delete the unwanted faces.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 17-02-2008 , 05:26 PM
whenever i have to bool out a complex shape into a plane I usually do exactly what U said, extrude the edges, then fill hole, apply the 2nd object with boolean operation and delete the added geomtry from first place again. this workaround does take just some seconds and isn´t too complicated.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 4 17-02-2008 , 05:32 PM
Great thanks a lot both of you of you.
Great forum!!!!!