Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2003 , 12:13 PM

lines display glitches

Has anyone experienced some lines displaying problems in Maya like me?
I get disappearing normal lines while I am moving vertices. I also get some of the selected edge lines not turning orange on subd surface at some angles, if I rotate the object a bit at other angles, the lines will show no problem. I am using geforce 3, softquadro to DCC, but I am looking to upgrade my video card soon if that fix the problem, its very annoying. Any comment would be appreciated.user added image

# 2 31-03-2003 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
yeah... i had similar probs with my radeon, after installing the "Catalyist" drivers, it worked... goto nvidia's website and get the latest detonator drivers.. should fix the prob

# 3 31-03-2003 , 04:05 PM
thanks for advice, tariqrf.
i tried latest driver, version 43.45, but problem remains the same. Which model is your radeon card? I may want to try a 9700 pro user added image

# 4 31-03-2003 , 04:08 PM
ahh just checked your other post, think you are using radeon 7500 pro, pls ignore my question hehe
but thanks again