Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-10-2003 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber

Michael McKinleys Head Tutorial Revisited

Hi all,

Here's an image of my near-to-completion head. I followed Michael McKinley's head tutorial for the most part. Although I had to model the eye area, mouth and chin myself (hint, hint Michael).

Seriously though, I'm generally happy with it. I did the ear again, but the ridges are still a bit too prominent. Hair will probably cover most of this eventually anyway. The nose area is still not quite desirable either.

Thanks go to Michael for a great tutorial and for getting me started on it. Thanks also to everyone who has done some kind of turoial on the SimplyMaya forum, it's been a real help to me.

As I've said before, the models I create are going to be used in a film (hopefully) that I;m planning on creating so there's a bit more tweaknig to do.

Any advice from anyone about tweaknig the head would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Forlax.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-10-2003 , 04:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
The next part of the head is done. It goes over the eyes and much of the cheek-to-chin region. Kevin just needs to get off his lazy arse and put it up. user added image user added image

I think on yours, the chin is too narrow. The mouth/chin region also seems to pointed. It's like the face doesn't have cheek bones almost.

The nostrils seem pointed as well.

Overall, not bad, but needs some work. Hopefully the next few parts will help you out in that regard. user added image