Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 31-10-2005 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kennez
Yep, still single here. Not because of Maya though, or computers in general. It's just my fear of rejection that's holding me back.

Same here, combined with the fact that I'm extremely shy and slightly alcoholic, which means that when I go out with my friends I always end up sitting in the bar, and 99/100 times I end up passing out drunk user added image

I get lucky once in a while though, but usually I'm so drunk that I've had a few hours of blackout, and have no idea what's happend, only that I've got my arm around some girl or we're making out or something like that user added image

On a side note, with only 5 million people in Denmark, it's pretty hard finding a girl that's both attractive (not just physically) and accepts the fact that I love music, more precisely rock and metal, which aren't that popular here, and preferably listens to it as often as I can. My latest girlfriend couldn't really cope with that, but we got along ok though... user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 17 01-11-2005 , 11:21 PM
Damn, looks like we're all geeks here!

...Maya 24/7 - new version coming next year from Autodesk! lol

OK, I can seperate my Maya time from everyday life.

There are periods when I spend 6h per day gruping,constraining,pareting....but there are also periods when I dont touch copmuter at all.

Depends on inspiration!

But I do have a girlfriend (no, you geeks its not Maya), and she's better then I can visualise.

...but she knows about Maya...ooo damn I'm screwd!!!

# 18 02-11-2005 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
Hey you just have to get her hooked on to maya as well, then your set!
Imagine constraining together all night? ahh.. .sounds kinda naughty now doesnt it lol.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 19 02-11-2005 , 10:19 AM
My previous boss (who was a girl by the way (not my age, already married, and no way you're just icky)), had the best idea of family fun on a saturday evening. They got the whole family together (she had kids who hadn't flead the nest) and they built a computer together.
Now that might not strike you as the best or most common family fun, but it's mostly about doing things together, isn't it? Also it shows that there is hope for übergeeks and other nerds, like myself 8)

I mean, family Maya project would be neat, if one had a family. I could enjoy a whole night of coding and making cool things on computers, with people I love. Sadly I have very few people close to me, and noone that does maya or coding, so I guess that will all just remain a distant dream.

Last edited by Ph0N37Ic5; 02-11-2005 at 10:25 AM.
# 20 02-11-2005 , 07:49 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Nope, married for 8 years, and its all good, my wife understands what I do requires a lot of time, so we have a compromise and that keeps us cool!! Now my daughter on the other hand is a different matter.....

Jay

# 21 15-02-2006 , 05:45 AM

my wife WAS interested in CG

I met my wife 8 years ago because she moved to my city to go to college for computer animation. But we got married and moved to her original one stopSIGN town. I bought a copy of maya 7.0 from my college bookstore so that she could get familiar with the concepts of CG or just get her feet wet. But it turns out she is too frustrated with the process to get very comfortable with the tools and theories.

....nearly six months later I am a hopeless maya addict. I sometimes feel as if I need a support group. But I don't watch TV or any junk like that and I sink most of my hardcore maya time in while she is at work or runing the town with my monster-in-law (her mother).

I just don't let it interfere with the little time we have that we could spend together. Plus my 4 1/2 yr old son can spend hours deforming polygon shapes.

So to answer the question I am not still single, but in all fairness I was married six years before I discovered Maya. After all these years I KNOW my wife is outspoken enough to tell me if it bothered her. However sometimes I still feel as if Maya is my mistress that we just don't talk about.

# 22 15-02-2006 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
My girlfriend has a problem with my PC, she thinks I spend more time with it that her.

That maybe true but I still have a life outside my PC and Maya. Like this weekend I am going to my local pub to see Colchester United play Chelsea (come on the U's).

I would be interested to see what percentage of people here are female though, maybe we should have done a poll.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 23 15-02-2006 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
my wifes the same she hates me on maya big time! but maybe one day she will thank me.

# 24 15-02-2006 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
my girlfriend and I broke up cause of the pc and me just being on it and also with maya cause took up time.

has happen before in past relationships. so working on it ....

but pc in general has had it happen maya just happen to be this time cause of me learning

Last edited by mmoore5553; 15-02-2006 at 05:50 PM.
# 25 15-02-2006 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
ouch!
Although my wife b4 she was my wife had threatened that b4 now lol.
But i just gave her more of my time.
meaning sitting downstairs watching those drab soaps

# 26 15-02-2006 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
Dude! No woman is worth that.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 27 15-02-2006 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
yeah, I´m sigle (sadly) but I cant realy blame maya for it because I dont spend that much time on it. Actually if I had a better computer that wuldnt freeze all the time I wuld probably never leave the hous.

# 28 15-02-2006 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
It's all about balance mate, the old Yin and Yang. If you have too much of one and not enough of the other then your are lacking.

Optical Minefield
My Blog

Last edited by Tim_LIVID; 15-02-2006 at 08:05 PM.
# 29 16-02-2006 , 01:36 AM
Subscriber
user added image my wife is in Japan (her grandmother is ill, they are VERY family orientated and we could all learn a lot from the good side of Asian culture, having said that blurb) and she will be there for a while (I'm Australian in Australia [does that make sense??]). I have actually lost two girlfriends because of sitting in front of Maya, both were Japanese and they consider they should come first; why on God's earth I'll never know :blush: . My wife knows all this, being Japanese she is very realistic and practical and prefers the truth (I haven't seen her for 20 months).
To cut a long story short, YES I have lost women over Maya; message here Asian women and Maya do not mix. Western women just think.., 'that's men for you' Asian think 'I should be number one (I agree with that but.., I LOVE MAYA).

Also if one wants to earn a living, no form of art comes easy, as they say.., 99% persperation (I'm talking about Maya, not about women.):hug:

# 30 16-02-2006 , 08:12 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
My Wife is Asian (indian), she doesnt have a problem with me doing Maya, its my full time job and although I spend time on stuff at home, she understands I need to keep my knowledge of it check, in order to improve, which in turn helps us financially!! LOL, I am usually pretty busy but we have a good compromise, plus I need the time with her and my daughter to keep me sane too....mel ,extrude, rig, uv pull verts....d'oh sorry gone again!!LOL

Jay