Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 106 01-03-2006 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
At uni I'm always sniffing around the Asian girls and a couple of times I got lucky, the latest Korean girl uses Max ,the Korean girl before her used cinema 4D (actually the girl before, they don't swarm around me, , they like English speaking boyfriends, they want to learn English, and i like Asian women for a purely aesthetic reason, they're actually shaped like women, the isofarms are all in the right place). so, two out of two ain't bad, I mean two women from Korea both used 3D apps and were involved in film. One was studying nursing?? She dropped me as soon as she saw my house, well, two days later (lightning fast relationship, probably happen this time too, the only place to sit besides next to the computer is on the bed, maybe they get the correct impression). I think she was looking for a doctor, (hence nursing??) not a struggling,,? well, just struggling Maya user who barely knows an isofarm from a hull.

But, 3D must be big there in Korea, on that average, 2 out of 2 women, or it just may well be coincidence. One girl (the nurse) worked on a children's show, I think she did titles? The latest girl, I'm not too sure how Max integrates into her life. I'll be putting in a bit more research into this subject. They know of Maya as if its the grail.

at one stage the Korean government, such as it is, encouraged the film industry because, due to the lack of natural resources it thought it could pull in money with the film industry and so heaps of movies came out. I think even there was a quota of movies that had to be watched each year be each person, don't quote me on that, it might be China or it might be me confusing the subject, but the point is film was pushed as a a big industry. They made basically crap. I've got about 300 Korean movies here (I studied Asian cinema) and they are 99% crap, full of drama and explicit sex. I like Asian movies, but this is the weirdest hybrid of Hollywood meets B grade I have ever seen. Ironically they hate Hollywood and America, but it's the most Hollywood standard of movie making in Asia. Character driven, where most Asian movies are driven by dynamics in sound, action, timing, extreme long shots of long duration where nothing might happen for 5 minutes and then a sudden explosion of emotion (eg; Kitano directing 'Dolls'). Cuts that might last fractions of seconds to cuts that have the the film slowed down in the middle of a sword scene to emphasise the point (literally)example 'Heroes' with Jet Li, Maggie Chang, Tony Leung). That would never happen in Hollywood (traditionally that is but maybe the independents are nto it lately, Tarantino was beaten with non-linear structure 50 years ago in Japan by Mizoguchi, but Tarantino is considered the guy who was the first to put the end of a movie at the beginning; 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Dogs'), but I digress.

It might be interesting to compare 3D models of women from Japan to 3D models made in the west. As on the other post, jay was mentioning we see what we want to see rather than what's there, so I wonder what the difference in shapes might be and where. An example is in Japan the neck is considered extremely sexy, well the line of the neck from the back. Is that what they call the nape of the neck. Anyway, good luck hunting lads, remember, Korean.., talk about film and your nearly there.

but agin, I digress...:shakehead :rant: user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 107 01-03-2006 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
so your a attractive guy around korean girls cuz you speak english..
i've watched a few asian movies.
bollywood for example pretty much has the same story in every movie they make.

a good guy, a bad guy and a girl. bad guy dies at the end and the other 2 ppl live ever after. the story of alot of movies consist of asian singing, sex, pathetic actors and a mucked up story. pure crap. though some losers like them.
not so long ago a guy brought me a copie of "Heroes". i was amazing with how many arrows they had in one of the scenes billions of them..i didnt really like the movie though.
am i starting a war here user added image. i'll think just stay out of this one.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 108 01-03-2006 , 08:58 AM
Subscriber
haven't watched many idian films, bollywood that india right? but i hear the same, same story and often sinfully long. Thou i heard the produce more that hollywood. Chinise movies are alright. Insane fighting and incredebly dramatic at times. Hillerios thou seeing them worries jump/fly. I think we're getting a bit outta the thread subject now. lol whats with u 13th_resident, u gotta stop doing this. lol :p

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 109 01-03-2006 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
yea, the girls are all over me, what's your problem, jealous? You continually show how intelligent you are; whether you like Indian movies or not you fail to notice the composition of the movie, colour composition, framing and transition using colour instead of cutting to another frame. Integration of sound and scene cutting. so many things that prove that you have watched these movies with your eyes closed and your brain numb. You want to make movies or chat on this line, if you spend as much time on Maya as you do picking holes in all you do you must be f...g good at it.

i don't like Indian movies but that doesn't mean i can't learn from them and if you want to work in a virtual format then colour is important for framing, POV, pointing the viewer toward what is important in the scene and away from what is not. Indian movies are THE movies to watch if you want to learn colour composition in film. They use it with exceptional skill, my professor at uni can not make this point often enough. So where does that put a smart kid like you?? More smart answers I guess?

Personally I prefer Japanese movies for use of visual and emotional dynamics. You are so blinded by the conventions of Hollywood that you think that IS movie making..,WRONG, it is just another genre and style. When you grow up you MIGHT appreciate this, you might even be able to give constructive and useful dialogue, but the way your heading you'll never get past comparing yourself to all you see and believing that's reality. You definitely will not be making movies of a style engaging to another viewer except yourself.

For your own sake, open your eyes, no-one thinks your smart, no-one cares, join in with something constructive views and stop blowing this thread you baby.

As far as women are concerned and me; read the title of this thread and read my last mail and you will see there is a relationship between the two. Try it, or else start another thread, you can call it 'useless criticism.':bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :headbang:

# 110 01-03-2006 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
im not a intelligent person like you ppl say iam. perhaps its just my grammer or my writing that makes me look like one. this thread is about does maya get in the way of relationships. mirek03 starting talking bout films first, (spiderman 3 dont count..i said that too get into the subject sandman. matt got into the jokes) and gave his opinions about them...i just gave them mine.
so why you ppl blaming me:headbang: :eek3: :rant:

# 111 01-03-2006 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
13th_resident, dont get all emotional over it dude... cheer up and shout and sing for u're a mayan ... and single too lol.

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 112 01-03-2006 , 11:38 PM
does maya/computer get into relationships... for someone my age? 13? I kno a bunch of peeps here are teens, so:

For me, no, I have a gf, but that dusnt really matter that much... im 13 :p

but as for others: looking at a bumch of guys in my grade that are not involved in any sports, and all they do is computer (aka nerds) they dont have any girl to like them or anything

What other opinions do the tennage minority of SimplyMaya have to say?

cya later,
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 113 02-03-2006 , 12:40 AM
HAHAHA omg matt i cannot see you with a girl lol jk
BTW Mt. Mckinely dont u have a daughter?

WOW im bein really mean to peeps today
o well it makes me happy

*Live life to love life*

# 114 02-03-2006 , 09:26 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MattTheMan

For me, no, I have a gf, but that dusnt really matter that much... im 13 :p

Wow matt, 13 and have a girlfriend? ahah. Its cool don't worry. So umm is like the climax when u get to hold hands? lol
Im in my later teen years. And yes i have a girl and no maya does not get in the way. y, cause maya isn't it my life.. :attn:
to u and ur girl mattheMAN user added image thou u can't have any can u?, haha i can't get over it. Best of luck with u n ur realationship. hahaha i think i got a bit of ur meaness moldy530.

# 115 02-03-2006 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
so ur an alcoholic tiago?no wonder you cant get over it. how many times have you overdosed? be cool if you did..lol
does max get in ur relationship tiago?

# 116 02-03-2006 , 05:41 PM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by moldy530

If I do, I don't know about it. lol user added image

# 117 02-03-2006 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
so you dont have any!! ... what about kurt??? user added image :blush: user added image

# 118 02-03-2006 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
uummm, as I suspected, the Korean girl took one look at the house and car and put on a brave face?? She did spend an hour trying to create the ear of my toon dog on Maya though (hopeless job made me look like an expert), maybe I should be grateful for small mercies??
What really got to her was we filmed a few gigs last night and our company is the typical independent.., do it on the fly with as little cost as possible. I think she expected a smaller version of 'dream works', actually I'm still pissed off, more likely still feeling the sting of rejection. Oh well, there's plenty of fish in the sea, only they're just not biting?! You young guys should make the most of it, I never had so much trouble with women in my life, I think they think I'm gonna act like their father or something?? You know, helpful, friendly, platonic (yuk).

I wouldn't mind, but they charge like wounded bulls cause I look like one of the lecturers or something, and then back down, making me wonder, what have I done, what have I said, what have I got..?? and I keep coming back to the same answer on all of three questions.., nothing?! (students don't get paid much and what little film work I get paid for is, well, little). When i had money there seemed more women around, can life really be so shallow??

But.., my time ( and every man's) will come, patience is a virtue.

# 119 03-03-2006 , 12:46 AM

Originally posted by moldy530
HAHAHA omg matt i cannot see you with a girl lol jk

WOW im bein really mean to peeps today
o well it makes me happy

*Live life to love life*

shut up micheal or the next time I see u i will shove a beer bottle up your ass.

im joking, im joking :p

Cya later,
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 120 03-03-2006 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by 13th_resident
so ur an alcoholic tiago?no wonder you cant get over it. how many times have you overdosed? be cool if you did..lol
does max get in ur relationship tiago?

Yes hi my name is Tiago, im an alcoholic, I haven't touched a drink in 10 years... anything too much is bad. Im not an alcoholic or a mayaholic or maxaholic for that matter. Does max get in my realtionship? No, max never has.

BTW ur signature "if its crowed where you live.....MOVE!!" thats a rip out of one of Kent Hovind seminars isn't it?