Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 21-03-2003 , 04:28 PM
Kevin
why we all cant just go out together and have a good piss up ..i will never know!!

# 17 21-03-2003 , 04:32 PM
Subscriber
Hehehe.. Kevin, I'm not sure what piss up means, but I can imagine user added image

BTW, I might be taking a trip up to England this summer, I'll let you know.

George

God Bless you and 3D

# 18 21-03-2003 , 05:19 PM
Kevin
lol... well maybe I should re-Phrase piss up to "a few nice cold beers" user added image

# 19 21-03-2003 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
Yeah... artists rarely start world wars.

Maybe more people should learn Maya!

Until then I'm all for the piss up!

user added image

# 20 21-03-2003 , 05:29 PM
LOL! hehe... me toouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com

# 21 21-03-2003 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Hehe.. Ok, it's not what I imagined user added image

God Bless you and 3D

# 22 21-03-2003 , 08:28 PM
SM Alumni

Originally posted by GCastro
Hehe.. Ok, it's not what I imagined user added image

Hmmm, a bit of a warped mind maybe ???
user added image

gimme everything u got

# 23 22-03-2003 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber
Well as you all have mentioned before war has started.
No war is good, no matter how good we "think" it will do.
This way is wrong (through war..) the should have think of an other way.
Many people call the soldiers and the citizens of America names which is VEry Veeeryyyy WRONG!It's not their fault that maybe Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons and it's not their fault if Bush wants to play war. Although they vote for him, noone really wants this war or ever wanted.
Anyway an other matter that i've recently seen in my city was:
The people that protested about the war didn't ONLY had some alsreasons in order to stop it but o protested (in they sayings anyway) about the whole world!!!Which is definetely NOT good (in my opinion), where does the thing that people don't have work or that the education system isn't goood FIT??
Unfortunately many of them don't protest to stop the war, they protest to create a motive for the people to vote them if they go for elections.

Please Comment.

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 22-03-2003 at 06:18 AM.

# 24 23-03-2003 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber

Although they vote for him,

Thanks for the kind words but I think I should explain something you guys in England may not understand: Most of us did not vote for the guy. He did not have the majority vote but won by manipulating our voting system. Al Gore (who is a decent diplomat) got the vote and lost the election anyway.....messed up but true.

Unfortunately many of them don't protest to stop the war

I went to a protest at the University of Texas here in Austin yesterday. The local police arrested 500 people for blocking traffic......Man Freedom is not what it used to be.

From here it looks like Hausen is no more than just the Mayor of Bagdad and no threat to my way of life at all. My President however is messing things up for me and for you guys in Britain as well.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net

# 25 23-03-2003 , 06:10 AM

Many people call the soldiers and the citizens of America names which is VEry Veeeryyyy WRONG!

Its good to see that not everyone outside of USA hates us.

True we do vote and elect our leader, but we cannot foresee there every action. Almost all politicians here lie. Just way it is i quess.

Even a vast majority of the US citizens are against the war. All around the country there are protests. Groups ranging up to the 10,000's in some cities. And at every place, the police are arresting our own citizens.

Since its too late and this has already started, all we can hope for is that some good comes out from it in the end.

Question- Why do antiwar protestors feel they have to BEAT there views into people?

- Matt

# 26 23-03-2003 , 07:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
Somehow I doubt people are being arrested purely for protesting... They'd obviously have to be starting trouble, trying to incite a riot, or whatever. Besides, most people arrested at such places are maybe kept over night and then released.

It's not as if all voices of opposition are being stifled, taken outside and shot... oh yeah, that was Saddam. lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "for" this war... Personally, I'm tired of the USA trying to serve as the world's baby-sitter. :p

# 27 23-03-2003 , 07:37 AM
Subscriber
LOL... i saw al jazeera yesterday, and they cought some civilians and said: "8 Iraqi army personnel surrendered.." ... LOL

and one Iraqi minister called bush a dog,, and he said the only problem the iraqis have is finding a big enough grave for all the american and british army..

i know its offensive,,, if its too much ,, shoot it down.... i know this will heat up the heads of some people around here...

btw, check out bushfordummies.com user added image

# 28 23-03-2003 , 07:49 AM
The Maya Mountain
the number I saw was 2000. user added image

I guess I should point out now, that the moment this thread breaks out into unacceptable behavior, it'll be locked and/or deleted... this isn't really the place to be arguing about this kind of thing, anyway.

# 29 23-03-2003 , 02:58 PM
hey mtmckinley- i was just trying to make the point that there are people against the war here too.

Sorry for any confusions.

To better explain the protesting, I have attached this:

Carrying peace signs and wearing costumes, demonstrators in New York spanned 30 blocks as they marched down Broadway toward Washington Square Park. Unofficial police estimates put the crowd at more than 125,000; United for Peace and Justice, the march organizers, estimated the crowd at more than 250,000

--- from FOXnews.com --- (The link explains more.)

- Matt

# 30 23-03-2003 , 03:32 PM
I don't want to start a flame war, but I would like to share some other points of views about why the US, Britain, and other countries are in Iraq right now.

I feel for the soldiers over there, whom are risking their lives to free the Iraqi people from the Suddam regime, that has massacred, and completely dehumanized it's people. My cousin, serving in the US Navy, is saddened by so many of the anti-war protestors, who in his own words said, "With all the protesters and anti-war campians going on. If thoughs people only knew the half that was going on over here they would be a believer too."

Here is a link that pretty much sums up what I feel about the war. It's a horrible necessity. And I pray that this is over as soon as possible. https://www.n-sider.com/ubb/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=002891 I find it interesting to hear from a person who is actually from the Middle East. Kuwait actually. His insight in this war is quite different than what most people think. It's deeper than all of us thought. And has been building for far longer than the 12 years of diplomatic sanctions with Iraq.

Peace, and continue praying for the safety of the soldiers, the freedom of the Iraqi people, and the complete surrender of Suddam's regime.