Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-03-2005 , 10:13 PM

Books/Sites on Study of Motion(for animation)

Hey guys, I was trying to decide what I wanted to focus on in animation. For awhile it was a 50/50 tossup between modelling and animation. However I have made up my mind that I REALLY want to do animation(also I went to a demoreel convention and 99% of everyone's reels was showing off modelling, I counted 3 animators user added image )

I think I'd be really good at it because I have a good sense of motion and how everything works....how your body transfers it weight...etc.

however I want to study up on Motion and Animation as much as I can within the next few months before I start working on my reel.

I really want to know my stuff....learn as much as possible.

So I was wondering if you guys have any favorite books or websites that are dedicated to the study of motion and of course animating it.

I've done some searches and havn't really found anything...mainly just tutorials that I have to pay for(and I'm a poor college student :p )

so if you have any reccommendations...that would be much appreciated....

thanks guys ! user added image

# 2 02-04-2005 , 06:11 AM
anyone have any suggestions???

sorry to bump but I am kinda serious about this and would really appreciate any help user added image

# 3 02-04-2005 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
well observing anything is your most powerfull tool. But I'd be intrested in other stuff on this also.. Maybe danny will drop buy on this one and make some sugestions.

# 4 02-04-2005 , 02:36 PM
The Animator's Survival Kit is a classic book. Disney's Illusion of Life. Digital Character Animation by George Maestro is pretty cool also. I'm sure you can find more searching the forum for "books" or something.

Here's a list someone put together at amazon.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 02-04-2005 , 05:33 PM
Looks like NitroLiq's already got my suggestions covered. user added image

Here's a great site to check out if you want regular exercises to develop/push your skills: https://www.10secondclub.net/.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 07-04-2005 , 11:44 PM
Thanks a lot Danny and Nitro!

thats just what I was looking for....appreciate it a lot user added image

*bowdown*