Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-03-2006 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber

Shaders, Texturing, Info Needed

Ok, here is my deal,
hopefully someone points me into a right direction or at least sparks off something.

My Question :

How do i work with Shaders, I mean on the Mac. There is so many mental ray shaders and stuff for Win,,, But where are the mac people... Hello??????

I want decent top notch info on working with occulsion, irradiance, mental ray stuff... I am not interested in photons or Global Iullumination. I want things realated to the texturing process.

At extreme closeups, a texture map wont do.. A procedural one works better.. How do i work with texture maps. Without displacement mapping.

Creating Normal maps and displacement map shaders.

Anything related to character or environment and shading and texturing utilities.

If there will be another DVD out soon. I would highly recommend a pure shading and texturing DVD. From a modeller or VFX persons point of view.

Oh well, thats all for this question.

Hope someone replies,

Kumar,

P.S Hi to all you folks that i have not seen in quite a while.