Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-09-2004 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber

Froggy's wrist won't work

I'm in FrogPart3_final, about 4:00 minutes in, and after extruding my edges and scaling them to close up the wrist before attaching the fingers, I am unable like the video to delete the "extra" edges--the ones at 45 degrees, but not 90. I have merged the vertices in the center. The error message is, "Warning_border edges can not be deleted." I've backed up and tried a bunch of times, any suggestions??
thanks all
Scott

# 2 02-09-2004 , 02:22 PM
Post a few pic's up so I can have a look....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 05-09-2004 , 08:21 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt,
I solved the problem by turning on polygon border edges and seeing that whenever I extrude an edge (on a Mac in Maya 6), the extruded edge is a border edge. I experimented with extruding a primitive polygon cylinder and had the same border edge result. So the answer is to merge vertices back enough along each edge, so that the edges are not border edges, just plain edges that can be deleted. Hope that helps someone out there,
Scott

# 4 05-09-2004 , 01:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
If I understand correctly, it sounds like you want to turn on the Polygons > Tool Options > Keep Faces Together.