Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-01-2008 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber

How to have a single channel item / blendshape in time slider

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a lot of facial animation at the moment. My rig has all the facial controls in the channel box and it would be really helpful if I could get the time slider to just show the keys from one item in the channel box as opposed to showing all keys from every facial control at once? I know I could go into the graph editor to do it but it would be easier from the time slider.

The same goes for blendshapes, I know you can press the select button and display keys from that group of blendshapes but can you display the keys from just one?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 2 21-01-2008 , 03:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
if there is a way to isolate channel keys in the time slider, I'm unaware of it.

# 3 21-01-2008 , 03:41 AM
Lifetime Member
You can use Display key ticks, right click on the timeline then under display key ticks select "from channel box" and then whatever attribute you select in the channel box only the keys for that will be displayed in the timeline

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 21-01-2008 at 03:43 AM.
# 4 21-01-2008 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber
:attn: Thank you so so so so much!

Is there a way to do a similar thing with Blendshapes?

# 5 21-01-2008 , 04:44 AM
The Maya Mountain
cool tip jsprogg!

# 6 22-01-2008 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
Just discovered how to do the same thing for blendshapes!

When you click select in the Blendshape window the individual items all appear in the channel box so you can then use the same method as before.

Thanks again!

Simon