Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 11-12-2010 , 05:05 PM
Administrator
Yeah, I sat there for a good 20 min at least I did the same. The key I still don't get, what makes you see it was real? The fork made me feel a bit stupid I've replicated metals a lot and it was very real looking when I looked again. Very tempting to cheat and feel a bit smarter, like when you cheat on those online IQ testsuser added image

I played with retouching a bit when I got my tablet, I used my own pics and gave myself larger boobs and slimmer waist. I looked great btwuser added imageuser added image Retouched Dave as well, he barely spoke to me for two daysuser added image But that image of the woman is retouched in areas, it is the eyelashes that gives it away as real you're so right.

# 32 11-12-2010 , 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah seriously, whats up with that key? It ruined my perfect 12 user added image lol. It had me squinting, tilting my head. The image is so heavily treated it had me thinking o.k then its probably real, on the other hand maybe they're just trying to fake me out.

- Genny
# 33 11-12-2010 , 07:04 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'll tell you why I got the key and fork right... key.. hmm, simple prop, nothing too complex, it would be one of the first I might pin as CG... ergo real.
And the fork has a black section on the left that looks cropped? Why would that be on a CG image? Doesn't make sense... ergo real.
Yeah, I know that's a pretty dumb thought process, which is why I got 6 :p

# 34 11-12-2010 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber

That's the two I got wrong which is of course why I consider them unfair.

a bit of a sore loser then, huh? user added image (i'm kidding of course)

stwert, i was under the impression you just said all cg user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 35 11-12-2010 , 08:35 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... I said they all "could" be CG, which I realize not to be the case, after some of the comments, but I also said that these things are usually designed to be half real, half cg, so I made sure to guess 6 of each.