Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-01-2004 , 01:47 PM

root rotation axes ???

yoho

i got some probs with rotation direction of my jointchains.
i want all the joints 2 "look" in the some rotation direction but even i creat a new jointchain laying in the same direction on the grid some joint got another direction as the other so is x @ the y position n y @ x position ... i dont want 2 reroot all the joints in my skeleton myself so is there an option 2 do this?

not a big prob, i just want 2 clean up my workspace as good as i can =/

thx

# 2 11-01-2004 , 04:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
In component mode, use the miscellaneous selection mask, which lets you choose the local rotation axis and rotate it like you want.

# 3 11-01-2004 , 08:51 PM
You can also use Skeleton > Orient Joint to quickly adjust the axis orientation on your entire joint hierarchy. You'll probably still need to manually adjust individual joint local rotation axes to get exactly what you want using the steps Mike mentioned.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 12-01-2004 , 09:01 AM
thx thx thx =)