Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-01-2004 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

3dsImport

After "installing" 3dsimport on my SGI O2 (IRIX 6.5) I got the attached error message when trying to load the plugin in the Plugin Manager.
Are the are known fixes?
Edit: The plugin also cannot be loaded on my Powerbook G4 (OS X 10.3.2)

Thx for any assistance

Attached Files
File Type: txt error_3dsimport.txt (585 Bytes, 171 views)

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Last edited by Axel; 21-01-2004 at 02:21 AM.
# 2 21-01-2004 , 03:18 PM
Im tinking it might have something to do with the OS. I don't think Windows programs will run on a Unix (irix) based system. Same goes for OS X. you're probably trying to use the Windows version of the plugin.

But then, I could be wrong. Any Unix guys here?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 23-01-2004 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
I downloaded the file at https://www.alias.com/eng/community/d...t=Plug-In&hp=I
I believe this is the SGI (Irix) version. I also downloaded the Mac version (OSX) from the same site to see if it work on my Mac Maya version, which didn't.
The error message shown below indicates - what I can make out of it - that the plugin seems to look for a 4.0 version of maya (it did work with this version)...
Any idea what could be the solution?

// Error: 1022:/usr/aw/maya5.0/bin/maya.bin: rld: Fatal Error: object libOpenMaya.so from liblist in /usr/aw/maya5.0/bin/plug-ins/3dsImport.so has version "sgi4.0", which does not match the found object: /usr/aw/maya5.0/lib/libOpenMaya.so (with version "Maya_5.0:sgi1.200304011557") (3dsImport) /

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.