Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-06-2005 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber

Good pubs in London?

I'll be going to London with some friends for a few days in the first week of August, and was wondering if any of all of you Brits here know some good pubs/bars/whatever that you'd recommend?

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 2 02-06-2005 , 07:20 PM
Nambucca, Archway Tavern, St Johns Tavern, Angies, Hope & Anchor, all in Islington are great.

Dublin Castle, Barfly, in Camden are also good.

Try https://www.viewlondon.co.uk/drink.asp for loads more info.

Islington/Camden is my main area. I know a few further out, but not off hand.

Have Fun user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 02-06-2005 , 08:33 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Blomkaal
You can visit me too while ya here. I work near a famous landmark called Tower Bridge, dont know if youve heard of it. But theres loads of places round there too.

_J

# 4 17-06-2005 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
Thanks fellas, I'll check it out... So far it seems we'll be staying at the Piccadilly Backpackers hostel in Piccadilly Circus, anyone know of anything around there?

Another thing, just found out InMe is on tour while we're there, and are playing in Swindon and Brighton... Which is closest/fastest from London?

# 5 17-06-2005 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
Hey, I work near Picadilly Circus, in Soho. Its great for bars and stuff round there user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 6 18-06-2005 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber
Thanks boys n girls!

And if any of y'all run into over there I'll buy you a beer user added image

Jay, hmm Tower Bridge... Tower Bridge <thinking>... Nope doesn't ring a bell! DUH! user added image DK and UK are pratically neighbours dude, of course I know it user added image

Well, I'm off, gotta go to Copenhagen and see System of a Down tomorrow... "Catch you on the flip side!" user added image

# 7 18-06-2005 , 04:24 PM
Blomkaal,

The UK and DK may well be neighbours but I couldnt tell you the name of my next door neighbour, so...see my point. You could be so near yet so far.

Later
_J

# 8 19-06-2005 , 02:10 PM
Kevin
Remind me when its a little closer and myself and dave will meet you up in london - its about time we arranged a bit of a meeting

# 9 29-07-2005 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber
Alright, we'll be arriving at Stansted tomorrow (sat.) at 11:40 and leaving again wed. at 19:40... I'll try and check in on this thread when we get there in case anyone want's to get in touch user added image

# 10 29-07-2005 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
Try the Walkabout near Covent Garden,,The Punch and Judy is a good house (Covent Garden as well) a little bit over priced however,,My fave is having an afternoon round and about Leicester Square, plenty of pubs in competition with each other you can get some good offers

# 11 06-08-2005 , 07:33 AM
Subscriber
I think I'm in love, and her name is London! user added image

How would one go about getting a flat there?

# 12 06-08-2005 , 08:36 AM
Buying or renting?

_J

# 13 06-08-2005 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
Renting

# 14 06-08-2005 , 04:46 PM
For renting there 3 options (that i know of):

1. Council house - can be quite cheap, and it usually shows user added image You get what you pay for really. Some areas are better than others.

2. Housing Association - I'd say (usually) better that the above, but it works in similar ways. Might cost slightly more?

3. Rent Privately - The more you pay the better the property. Usually very expensive though as they can charge as they wish - and they usually do! :bandit:

The further into central London you are, the more you likely gonna pay. I hear there are studio flats (above shops) in the west end for £200k+ user added image

You could move in with flatmates, that way you get to know people too.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....