Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-07-2006 , 06:42 PM

i cant think of a project

does anyone have any ideas? iva already done a greyhound and a chess set, what should i do now, (ive actvey ly useing the program for about 2 weeks) and i just intalled a new game on my comp and when i cant think of maya i just start playing but i have to have priorities and i want an idea what i want to so is make a half man, half cheetah, but i dont really know were to start, i think the might be a bit too far over my head, so i want to work up to it

# 2 17-07-2006 , 06:46 PM
If you want to do something original like that, the best place to start is with sketches. Make a few of how you want him to look. Make a front, side, top, (and back if you want)...layer them all together and start the modeling fun. Or even better yet, if you can find some that are already done for you on the internet (like gundam blueprints).

Another great place to get motivation is buying books with tutorials, or finding free tutorials on the net. Just google "maya tutorial, organic modeling" or "maya tutorial, landscapes" and just learn everything you can.

# 3 17-07-2006 , 06:51 PM
https://www.suurland.com/

That seems to be the most popular place for blueprints, although there is another one with human models and such that I cant find at the moment.

# 4 17-07-2006 , 06:53 PM
there is alot of furry art i can look at, the problem will be getting them in the right perspectives like front/side/back, is there a pre-made human (male) i can work with, my avatar has a pic of Angela one of the charecters i like from Ratchet and clank: going commando, the entire game was made in maya and thats what insprired me to get it (took me a while to save up) the annoying part is they already have designs complete that i cant look at, i just want to see how they look in maya they are the company i want to join, when i graduate from college.