Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-01-2010 , 05:36 PM

Maya live tiff sequence

i'm having a few problems with some hd footage that i'm trying to track in maya live. It was shot on a sony z1 in hd, captured in final cut pro on my mac then i converted it to an image sequence (tiffs) .When i try to load the sequence into maya live (on my pc) it doesn't work. the error in the output window reads.. invalid type rla (either the output file format type or the channel type stored in the file is incorrect) is this some kind of mac / pc thing?

# 2 31-01-2010 , 05:41 PM
The Nurb Herd

Re: Maya live tiff sequence

maya doesn't like lzw compression, make sure they are uncompressed.

# 3 31-01-2010 , 06:16 PM
Technical Director
Maya doesn't like tiff's in general, as it's only a container format. There is no real standard; so one application could interpret one a different way than another. tga's are much better. Also, make sure they aren't RLE compressed, as Maya has an issue with them.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 23-02-2010 , 05:18 AM

same error

Hi,

I am having the same error only I am importing a sequence of jpg images.

floydski, are you getting any other errors in the output window? I scrolled up and found the following:

ERROR, ImageIsFile Function-imageIsFile... Too many open files

I'm running Maya 2008 on WinXP. The program repeatedly crashes as I add trackpoints. I've looked around for hours yet can't figure this one out.

# 5 23-02-2010 , 05:32 AM

yep

I just changed the sequence to tga and sure enough it worked!