Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-02-2003 , 02:50 AM

FREE compositing tut missing files...

Hello all!

Nitro was kind enough to slap me on the forehead and let me know that I forgot to include the scene files, complete with a maya 4.0 .ma conversion, and the IMPORTANT fire footage!

Sorry all! My bad!

Here they are all zipped up for you and ready to go:

Zip file includes my project directory, 2 scene files (4.5 .mb AND a 4.0 .ma), and all the related textures/shaders (simple), and the ever important FLAME footage! user added image

Enjoy!

PS: lemme know if this file gets corrupted....

EDIT: THIS FILE HAS BEEN REMOVED NY THE ADMIN FOR TESTING - THANKS

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 14-02-2003 , 03:41 AM
Thanks Izzy. The 4.0 file still doesn't work on open or import. I opened it up in editplus but can't make out what's going on when I look at the first few lines as there are ascii boxes scattered within the text. Anyway, here's the error maya gives me:

Code:
// File read in 0 seconds.
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: RAGE_gringots_RAGE_gringots //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: ambientLightShape1 //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: pipe1_pipe1 //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: wall1_wall1 //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// Error: Error reading file. //
Maybe it makes more sense to you?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 14-02-2003 , 04:41 AM
Are you specificly telling maya that you are importing a .ma file?

becuase it wont work if you leave "Best Guess" as the default....

you must select "Maya ascii .ma" from the drop-down list in the import dialog box...

Other than that, I don't know what else to do manuser added image Sorry...

You can still make your own scene and follow along because all the scene consists of is a rooftop plane, a wall plane, a short "railing" plane, and a pipe.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 14-02-2003 , 01:17 PM
Ah, my bad. I was indeed using best guess...scene opens fine now. Thanks for the help.

# 5 14-02-2003 , 01:22 PM
Kevin
I will add there images to the files soon user added image

# 6 14-02-2003 , 01:37 PM
Kev, hold off for a little bit. I'm going through it now and for some reason it's rendering completely black, using any of the light settings. Also, it only has default shaders...none of the textures have been added. I haven't gone through all the files yet so I'm not sure where the scene files are starting from.

# 7 14-02-2003 , 02:20 PM
Kevin
I am currently testing the scene files