Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-01-2003 , 02:20 PM

Tumbling and grid issue

Hope any of you guys could help me with my problems. When I was modelling yesterday i managed to put the grid in the xy direction. How does one change in which plane the grid is laid out?

I also have an issue with the tumbling in the perspective view. I somehow managed to mess up one of my scenes so that it's not rotating around the z axis, but around some imaginary axis that is between the other axes. Is there any way of resetting the way the view is tumbling? I haven't inserted any extra cameras or anything like that.

When I'm at it I might as well ask another question concerning tumbling. Is there a quick way to change the tumble center? In Studio Tools you just click an isoparam or curve when you tumble to tumble around that point.

I hope someone has a solution to these annoying problems

# 2 02-01-2003 , 02:39 PM
Not sure about your first 2 questions, sorry, but to answer your last one:

Yesuser added image

Simply select the object you want to rotate/tumble about, and hit the "F" key to focus your tumble on ituser added image

Hope that helped you a small bit.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 02-01-2003 , 02:44 PM
Thanks!

That helped a lot.

# 4 02-01-2003 , 02:51 PM
No problem! user added image

I wish those commands were a little more obvious, and easy to work with, but like anything, after you do them a few times, you really never forget themuser added image

Have a good day!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 03-01-2003 , 02:18 AM
my english is bad, maybe i don't answer right, but, here we go.

a very useful shortcuts is:

f / to make the view to selection
F (shift+f, whem capslock is disbable, u know user added image) / to make ALL views to selection

whem you working with move tool, rotate, etc... hold ' x ' and use the tool to align on the grid. it's works in vexterx mode, object mode, edge modes, all modes.

you have the keys, x (align to grid), c (i don't know what's this realy do, i'm a newb too :]) and v, to align in another objects/vertex/faces/edges.

i hope that i help you.
if the questions is that hehehehe user added image

see yah!

Last edited by skidd; 03-01-2003 at 02:21 AM.