Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-10-2008 , 09:49 PM

Scale Tool won't scale properly

This may seem like an odd problem and may have already been addressed, but I seem to have missed the thread and my patients is running thin (my professor hasn't responded to any of my emails).

Whenever I use my scaling tool and I wanna make the object smaller, it would refuse to do so. It would either stay the same size, or would continue to grow bigger even while moving my mouse towards the opposite side.

# 2 24-10-2008 , 12:40 AM
Go into the scale tool's settings and press reset tool. You probably have the check box with the 'step size' checked
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 24-10-2008 , 09:13 AM
Which menu is that located under? I can't seem to find it in the search option on the help website... (who the hell designed that thing anyway?)

# 4 24-10-2008 , 09:53 AM
Double clicking on the scale tool will open the tool settings window...
It's not that hard once you get used to it

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 5 24-10-2008 , 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Or if you don't have the tool box part of the UI showing you can just hit that icon on the top right of the screen and there's the long way, Windows>Settings/Preferences>Tool Settings. Personally I slapped a hotkey on it.

Edit: Forgot image :
user added image

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 24-10-2008 at 10:49 AM.
# 6 24-10-2008 , 04:14 PM

Originally posted by GecT
Or if you don't have the tool box part of the UI showing you can just hit that icon on the top right of the screen and there's the long way, Windows>Settings/Preferences>Tool Settings. Personally I slapped a hotkey on it.

Edit: Forgot image :
user added image

It works now, thanks a bunch!

BennyK - Thanks for the assistance.