Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-01-2009 , 09:40 AM

teen killed mother in halo 3 row

# 2 13-01-2009 , 10:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
yep I agree with the judge too.

theres way too much of this insanity plea to get off this type of thing. The guy was just sulking because his toy got taken away and couldnt hack it.

Jay

# 3 13-01-2009 , 11:02 AM
Subscriber
god people are stupid, and because of stupidity the name of video games are ruined.

next headline "Wii's My Littlest Petshop Causes Petshop Slaying"

# 4 13-01-2009 , 12:53 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel

i could just picture all the decapitated bunnies now...

this guy mentioned this in his video today, i watch his videos all as soon as they come out :p

the dudes page
https://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil

the video that mentions this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhNsAX4AcU he mentions the halo thing at around 3:00 in to it

not necessarily safe for work...

# 5 13-01-2009 , 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Jay
theres way too much of this insanity plea to get off this type of thing. The guy was just sulking because his toy got taken away and couldnt hack it.

Jay

yeah - really! i mean you literally commit murder and then plead insanity, like anyone who shoots his parents in the head isn't crazy!!

like any outsider medium, the good thing about video games becoming more mainstream is that the larger public begins to realise that the more extreme aspects don't represent the rest.

i have a friend who looks at game titles in gamespot and thinks that all video games just contain big tits and guns and would regularly rail against them. as soon as she actually played a game and realised that it was fun and that most games actually don't follow this stereotype, she began to change her mind. instead of looking at videogames disapprovingly and only seeing the stuff that she thought was bad, she began to appreciate them and see everything else.

# 6 13-01-2009 , 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
That's not insanity that's just evil in is purest form, makes me wonder what kind of upbringing this kid had if he can sit there and plan to kill his parents. Only downside to him going to jail is that tax payer dollars are going to be feeding and housing this douche, put a needle in this arm.

- Genny
# 7 13-01-2009 , 05:31 PM
they should bring back hanging. The person should be tried in a certain time, say a week and then if found guilty in that time....one drop, and a certain stop!

Jay

# 8 13-01-2009 , 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
god people are stupid, and because of stupidity the name of video games are ruined.

damn strait im a video game designer and each time this shit happens and the ignorant community blames video games my team and i have to rethink EVERYTHING as to not draw attention to use.

besides that if you look at his face and story of it all you can tell it was all pre-meditated and was using the halo 3 incident as an excuse.

he himself said that he was planning to put the gun in his fathers hand to make it look like a murder/suicide. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :angery: :headbang: people are ****ing retarded...

"whats yours is mine and whats mine is mine"--some guy i met on the bus.
# 9 14-01-2009 , 09:27 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
People always like to blame something outside themselve for terrible things that had happen to them or terrible things they have done, it's just human nature, , in '40-'45 it were the jews after '45 we blamed hitler for the slaying of 4 miljon jews, so we didn't have to face the awfull truth(which was that after WW1 when the german army left the battleground undefeated, the allied forces(mainly Brittain and France i believe) wanted to punish Germany by letting them sign a piece of paper which made germany solely responseable for the 1st WW and gave them a debt Germany could not recover from which in turn for a part caused WW2 , it used to be rock and roll in the 50's , hippies in the 70's and now we blame Islam(itic people) for every bad thing that has happened.

My little theory about human nature is like this;
Humans consist if i remember correctly for about 70% out of water so in a way we are just like that every individual is like a drop of water and seems to lead a life of their own, but once we are bundled in a river we can do terrible damage when the river floods for instance and then we mostly like to blame the drops that were left behind in the wreckage, forgetting that we are part of the river.

So don't judge to harsh, I mean people aren't born bad(nor good),it's the upbringing so if you slap your kids around everyday don't expect them to push you around in your wheelchair when you get old and if you spoil your kids to much and never say no to them don't expect a yes sir/mam when you all of a sudden say no or in this case take the game away.
And don't say it's common sense because children don't have something developed like that, it needs conditioning and discipline.
I even think that when for instance our bosses decide to pay us only half of our salaries all of a sudden a small percentage will do something more than just sue them.

So that's enough smart stuff for an evening and maybe even for a week LOL

# 10 14-01-2009 , 09:39 PM
Intense lesson...class dismissed...you in the corner, wake up!

Some good points there from the Philosophical Mastone

Jay

# 11 14-01-2009 , 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by mastone
... if you spoil your kids to much and never say no to them don't expect a yes sir/mam when you all of a sudden say no ...

I couldn't agree with you more. You hear the "I don't know where I went wrong, I gave them everything" line a lot, whether its from parents or ex lovers etc. Fine, when you care about someone you want them to be happy but when act like a door mat don't expect to get respect.

We have a situation here with some relatives, they never told their daughter no, instead of spending time and instilling values they just gave her stuff, she would manipulate her parents into getting things and they thought it was so cute and smart coming from such a small child, other family members would warn them about that, they got all offended and didn't listen, now the girl is 16 with a real bad drug/alcohol problem and she is institutionalized as she had become suicidal and violent , her parents are being selfish about it and they're sitting there wondering why she hates them. It does awful things to a person when they realize their parents care more about themselves then they do you. And what do they say? "I don't understand, we gave her everything".

Edit:

There was no mention of any drugs or anything in this boy's case, it seems to be a simple case of a kid refusing to be told no and so he planned and shot his folks. When you can say "I have a surprise for you, close your eyes" yeah....thats cold man, just cold.

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 14-01-2009 at 10:48 PM.
# 12 15-01-2009 , 12:54 AM
Well, everything's been said already... I can't even begin to understand what someone is thinking when they decide to kill someone, let alone one's parents...

BTW, Acid, thanks a lot!
Loved the videos... spent at least two hours watching them user added image
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 13 15-01-2009 , 05:57 AM
Mentally Deficient, most likely, though he should be punished to the full extent of the law for such a completely horrific crime.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 14 15-01-2009 , 07:15 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
how do you justify killing your own mother crap this kid should be left to live so that he can be haunted for the rest of his miserable life

# 15 15-01-2009 , 07:30 PM
"Gee your honor, I don't know what came over me. I was playing a bit of Okami on the PS2 and before I knew it I was running down the street peeing on everyone I saw!"

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."