Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 07-06-2012 , 09:36 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
haha good man you got this far.

I totally understand why people prefer poly by poly, to me its fine when using 3d coat to retopologise but I prefer box modelling.

If you think about it, you'd box model a helicopter or a table, so to me characters are no different.

best to ya
Jay

# 32 07-06-2012 , 09:44 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL thanks man...yeh you are right...I guess its just different topo which my eyes are not used to. Again it comes down to experience etc...like you, you have lots of experience in this regard and are good at it. Me on the other hand...Im a Surveyor, so for me its terrain, buildings etc...you just have to get your eye in. I think to be honest character modelling (not sculpting) is to you as a highway is to me...I can see things you wouldnt...exposure is the key. Dont worry Im not giving up either!!! I am going to finish this damn assignment LOL, cheers again for a good quality tut too mate...the way the topo is forming now is starting to stick...I think drawing contours on a face first will be my next human face.....that way I can 'see' what I want until its firmly burnt in the scone.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 07-06-2012 , 10:12 AM
The thin red line
No matter what way you are modelling practice, practice and more practice will be the way forward, your getting there Bullet................dave

# 34 07-06-2012 , 10:28 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks dave...Im trying my hardest...trying to turn off the Surveyor in me and go with the flow

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 35 07-06-2012 , 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Pff you're better than me! That Alien tut is working me over, I keep telling myself not to over think it, but I look at Jay's then back at my lumpy headed character and start over. So don't sweat it, its looking gooduser added image

- Genny
# 36 08-06-2012 , 12:48 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL Gen Im hearin ya!!! yeh you have to try and not over analyse what you are doing...gets too difficult then...good luck with the alien! have you got it in the WIP yet?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 37 08-06-2012 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber
Nice! Like the boots..lol. Good work!

# 38 08-06-2012 , 06:43 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL thanks mate...Im trying!

cheers bullet

bullet1968