Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-02-2011 , 04:37 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Maya Render Window problems

So I am trying to render out a scene and when I hit render the window doesnt show up, I have reset the preferences and still nothing. It saves my renders so I can look at them but its a pain when I am doing textures because I am trying to use IPR but the window wont show up.....any ideas?

# 2 18-02-2011 , 04:49 PM
alright so I tried to edit the prefs for

windowPref -topLeftCorner 232 -1112 -widthHeight 1064 778 -parentMain true renderViewWindow;

but still nothing. I also turned my task bar to auto-hide as I read someone's render view was hiding under there and thats not it either....I only changed the last number by one in the code above, would that be enough or should I try some outrageous number?

# 3 18-02-2011 , 05:16 PM
I got it, I deleted the pref. folder in the Maya 2011 folder and it came back.

# 4 19-02-2011 , 03:23 PM
Hi there,

Generally anything odd that goes on (lost shelfs and such) is down to preferences, deleting them, estarting maya creates a default prefs folder that generally solves and problems.

I remember once, god knows what I did, but I created a script that when run stopped Maya doing anything, and I mean anything, it started than did nothing! Deleted the prefs and it worked.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle