Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-02-2004 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber

Following refrence

Ive been using maya for about few months, Got the basics down and all but. when it comes to modling a refrence i dont really know how to get my details readdy.
heres what i was going to try.

If you guys would correct me id apreaciate it. I plan on not sleeping tell i get further user added image. Any help is help. Thanks to all that give 2 cents.

I love tips user added image

Last edited by rumr; 15-02-2004 at 11:17 PM.
# 2 13-02-2004 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
you could try making the basic shape out of a flat poly (looks like thats what you are doing) then extrude it so it has depth. then add the screws and bits as seperate pieces. use the split poly tool to add further detail.

one thing to keep in mind is to try and keep it as simple as possible. there are alot of divisions you dont really need in your model.

another tip user added image uv map it before you put in a ton of detail in. its easier to pull fewer uvs in the uv window.

good start and good luck!

# 3 13-02-2004 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber
Id like to say thanks for the great tips, Made total sence, and yes about the detail i wasnt sure on what to do. good tips man thanks again.

# 4 13-02-2004 , 05:40 AM
Subscriber
rumr, all I can do is say I second what howerd said. and also looks like you have a good little start. nice to see people using refrances.

# 5 13-02-2004 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber
guys thanks alot o feel much better furthering this. thanks for the tips. Im reading up on that uv stuff you were talking about.