Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-01-2007 , 08:31 AM
Subscriber

Split Poly Tool in Maya 8

Hi everybody

i have a problem in Maya 8 Unlimited.....i've searched the forum...but didn't find an answer

I use the split poly tool on an polygon object...after pressing enter....i have 2 faces!
The original face....and another face, laying over the other. All along the edge i've made with the tool.

Did anybody know this problem??

Galadiel

Last edited by Galadiel; 26-01-2007 at 06:56 PM.
# 2 26-01-2007 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber
i have seen that too, dont know what it is, I think its me. what I do is delete the face then merge the verts. then the extra face is gone and everything is joined as it should be, it annoys the hell out of me too

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 26-01-2007 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
This problem is so time consuming!!!! :headbang:

And i can't find a patch for Maya 8 to fix this. Only platinum Members got patches.....user added image

Gala

# 4 26-01-2007 , 08:12 PM
Yeah think its a bug, there might be a fix for it on highend 3d???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 30-01-2007 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
Hi

no....no patch at highend3d....only the platinum members from autodesk are available to download patches at the moment, because the patches are in beta.
:headbang:

But it's possible to work with that.....it's only timeconsuming when you have a bigger polygon object with many splits in it, to become nice and sharp edges.
user added image

Galadiel