Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-08-2007 , 09:31 PM

Simple render modeling problem

Last edited by peSK; 03-08-2007 at 09:40 PM.
# 2 04-08-2007 , 10:26 AM
Check your mesh i think you extrude some faces but i'm not sure ...

Advice : delete the down part
make another cylinder and combine them and it might fix user added image

# 3 04-08-2007 , 11:03 AM
Lifetime Member
This is caused because you have 2 faces on top of one another, this is a common mistake by new users and what you most likely did was select the extrude tool and then deselected.
Once the extrude tool is selected the new faces are created imediately so you have to either make the extrude or hit ctrl + z to undo.

To correct this problem you have delete the faces on the model that are duplicated manually, but given the simplicy of the mesh it might be easier to remodel it being more careful when selecting the extrude tool.
Hope this is clear and helps.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 04-08-2007 , 11:13 AM
@jsprogg Thank you very much that answer makes sense. I remodeled and didn't get the issue reoccurring, but will now be more aware when extruding.

@ColdWave. thanks for the response, checked out your breakdancing work - thats looking cool.

# 5 25-09-2007 , 11:50 AM