Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-08-2008 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber

Creating an object in the center of the stage??

I have a question that im sure is easily answered...when i create an object it just appears where ever my cursor is on the screen, i know there is a way so that any object is always created at the 0, 0, 0, coordinated right in the cented of the world....anyone know where to change the settings for that.
Thanks
BRady

# 2 07-08-2008 , 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
Turn off interactive creation. Also turning it off on polygons doesn't mean its turned off on NURBS.

Attached Images

- Genny
# 3 07-08-2008 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the help, one more quick question im sure you know the answer to, how do i change the units of measurement...like form inches to feet....then if i remember correctly after i change inches to feet i need to change the clipping on the camera or the stage dissapears at any zooming out
thanks

# 4 07-08-2008 , 05:47 AM
Super Moderator
Thats changed in the Windows/Settings and Preferences/Preferences, its in the 'Settings" section and if you have to change the clipping plane, the 'Camera' settings is below that, of course you can change this on the cameras in your scene individually.

- Genny
# 5 08-08-2008 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
I'm gonna say thanks to that one aswell as it's been driving me mad, should of ask'd myself really. user added image