Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-04-2003 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber

Specular map

Okay my texture artist gave me 3 (very nice) textures for my Mother ship (below)

He gave me a color, bump and specular.

The color and bump (after some tweaking) look nice but i can't figure out wich attribute the specular should go under. Any ideas guys? I'm using a blinn.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 2 09-04-2003 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
under the specular color.. what else.... hmm, i am not that good in texturing.. but i would like to know about it.. anyone else?

# 3 09-04-2003 , 03:26 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, specular color would be the standard attribute to map specular map to. user added image

# 4 09-04-2003 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
okay here's the applied (black and white) "Specular Colour" map. A nice subtle difference, i gotta learn how to make these types of things....

Yes tariqrf, This is part of my quest in my realism model in the challenge. I believe that this thing will force me to learn all the things that i wish i knew now. Also check out my movie Aliens space ships in the work in progress if you're interested in VFX for compositing.

Also i found a really nice 5 part texturing tutorial on www.highend3d.com

This got be down on all the phat nU L!NG() !! These guys are great, i found where they posted job Ops for Shrek 2.

Thanx guys i appreciate the support the support! Will post stuff of the mother ship in the WIP forum, when i get the footage for it.

PS Mike this is mrcoolbp@phreaker.net

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 09-04-2003 at 08:21 AM.
# 5 17-04-2003 , 04:20 AM
Vectorman...

There are two types of maps for specularity. One for the actual color and a black and white texture for the Spec Roll-off. You can then use the eccentricity slider to adjust the size of the highlights.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort"