Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-11-2003 , 01:35 AM

Portfolio - Big Download!

Hey guys, its been awhile since I've posted anything, been really busy with school and getting my portfolio together. Here's a few pieces from it, some of you may have seen some of these already. Any C&C is appreciated. I'm sending it off to the uni's soon, so wish me luck user added image

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

user added image

________

- Jacob

Last edited by Blinn; 22-11-2003 at 01:39 AM.
# 2 22-11-2003 , 03:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Nice stuff. user added image

# 3 22-11-2003 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber
Nice work blinn. I think the second image with the bear needs some work with the lighting and shadows though. It might be better to select one primary light and use that for your shadows as at the moment they seem to be in different directions. For instance, the outer right side of the box looks like it's lit yet there's shadows. The bear is also casting a shadow behind it, that's another direction.

Also, unless you have a light shining directly into the box and from a low level i'd suggest ambient light in the box falling off before it reaches the roof, just looks a little to even to me. Other that that, very nicely done.

Just one other thing about the first image of the house. Perhaps you can see better if you have the original image used for the sky but it looks like the sun is above and behind the house? So maybe the front face should be in some shadow. It would make things look a lot more atmospheric. For such a cloudy sky the house looks too bright.

Last edited by mrmacca; 22-11-2003 at 04:18 AM.
# 4 30-11-2003 , 08:14 AM
and you did this in that program, you know that thing where theres like those wires? wow... dude I LOVE that FUQING house, like just the way it loox so damn cool so damn fuqing l337 dude

# 5 01-12-2003 , 09:19 PM
looks very nice, especially like the fetus one (I remember that from some time ago) The only part of it all that I dont really like is the pavement (sidewalk for any septics (Ask and I'll explain! user added image) it just looks too uniform and no pavement is that perfect in it's construction you know?

Apart from that well done, which unis are you sending off to?
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 01-12-2003 , 10:07 PM
Kevin
nice work ... the bear dosnt seem to sit right in the box (might be down to shadows)

but great images

# 7 04-12-2003 , 07:03 PM
Good Luck

# 8 09-12-2003 , 07:29 AM
Subscriber
Everything rocks man, might want to soften the normals on your box in the bear scene, other than that, it is very professional!

# 9 13-12-2003 , 01:21 AM
---it just looks too uniform and no pavement is that perfect in it's construction you know?---

Yes, imperfect things are the hard part in any 3D app.

Doing the perfect, that's easy... it's the imperfect that's difficult.