Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-03-2015 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber

VRay help required

Hi All,

Just started messing about with VRay and come across 2 issues I just cannot phantom out. Any suggestion or help would be much appreciated

Firstly:

When I do a render in the viewport, everything looks ok with the brightness of the image. When I save the image its a hell of a lot darker and I have no idea why.

Secondly:

just above the porch I am not sure how I can get rid of the blotchy shadows, I have no idea what is causing them as all the other shadows are perfectly fine.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks Clarke

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-03-2015 , 01:07 PM
Save the image with 2.2 gamma for example into .png.

# 3 07-03-2015 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi Thanks for the reply

Hmmm, I did check that and that's the default, unless I am looking in the wrong place?

Cheers Clarke

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 08-03-2015 , 08:12 AM
That's right, but when you save out your image in v-ray frame buffer you must put gamma 2.2 too... Maya knows that you have 2.2 gamma cause you said that in her settings, but .png or .jpg for example doesn't, so just when you save out, option that's below of choosing the format, put 2.2.

# 5 08-03-2015 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber

Solution

I use vray alot and there's some other things you really should have on aswell (for example the linear workflow checkbox and the viewport subd's). But do a Google search for "nederhorst vray settings" and copy hos settings. It's and awesome setting

# 6 08-03-2015 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
Sorry my phone keeps auto correcting. Also check the "srgb" button in the vray frame buffer or it won't gamma correct your renders in that viewport