Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-11-2004 , 04:39 PM

Posible playblast problem solution.

I noticed that I wasnt alone with my playblast problems so I figured I would post my solution. There is a regristry problem in Maya 6. that will not allow you to R-clik and render from the icon in your scene folder. With help from The IT guy at my school I have fixed the regristry problem and as a result it seams to have fixed the playblast problem as well. Following is a copy of the email he sent me. You will have to make some changes to your regristry but it is actully pretty simple.
First Go to start/run then type in regedit. This should bring up your regristry and the rest is simple.

__________________________________________________ _________
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MayaBinaryFile \shell\render\command

you would see a value like:

C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya6.0\bin\render.exe %1

you need to change that to

"C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya6.0\bin\render.exe" "%1"

you'll want to make the same change to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MayaAsciiFile\ shell\render\command

to get ascii files to work.
__________________________________________________ __________
Don't forget to restart your computer. I am no techy but I think this should fix the problem. Good luck!

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!