Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2008 , 01:40 PM

Mud?

Well I am working on my charcter(Robotic Zombie)
I got the rust textures on very well(surprised)
Now I am going for bits of muck/mud I have tried paint effects but I have no good results an way to make some mud without making the poly count go up much ? If not nevermind I can live without it.

# 2 16-02-2008 , 03:53 AM
if you are using a layered shader for the rust, add another layer to the top, and just paint it on where you want it, and add a bump map (using a grayscale of the color map... darkened or lightened to make more or less mud) - then, if you want wet mud, you'll want to make a specular map for it as well. if it's gonna be dry mud, leave it as is.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 16-02-2008 , 01:57 PM
I have not tried/played with the layers shaders but I will goof of with them add a displacement map(not a bump right? Displacement maps are physical right ?)
Okay thanks when I am done rigging i'll post it up in the library.