Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-08-2006 , 03:37 PM

Rendering Animations

While I was making a couple of animations, I wanted to make a mini-movie from these animations, but I dont know how to go about it. Do I render it first as an animation and somehow save it, or is there some particular technique to doing it in Maya 7???:headbang:

# 2 02-08-2006 , 03:44 PM
If you go into your render settings, you can select "avi" as your image format. Doing a batch render with this will automatically create an avi movie file.

You can also save playblast animations to file, just go to Windows -> Playblast -> [] (that square thingy) and check "save to file". I've found playblast to be very unreliable however.

Keep in mind that this is just my experience, which to be totally honest is little to none, but still, hope this helps.

# 3 02-08-2006 , 03:50 PM
I tried that with the avi, and all the rest, but it still didn't work for me(I dont think). It started to work, but it was still rendering after about twelve hours, and all I rendered was a three second bouncing ball...

# 4 03-08-2006 , 12:31 AM
AVI should have worked, just that you need a player that's capable of playing ".avi" files, Fcheck won't be able to play it.

A program like Video Lancer (VLC) should be able to play .avi files.

If you are planning to composite the rendered files or fix each frame individually (after rednering) b 4 you make it into one whole compoistion animation, then you would use programs like Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, etc. to do that.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs

Last edited by blackstrings; 03-08-2006 at 12:34 AM.
# 5 04-08-2006 , 02:03 PM
I'll check that out. Cheers

# 6 06-08-2006 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
this happened to me when i first started rendering animations. got the hang of it now. lol

You need to wait until batch rendering is FULLY complete before you get the full effect, otherwise it becomes all weird and wont show you the whole clip (obviously).

The reason why it could be taking 12 hours is because you may have many objects, and lights etc. in your scene. Mr. Renderer doesnt like that!!

Good luck. any trouble,...holla back

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130