Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-10-2007 , 11:50 PM

How to rig a rifle

I'm currently doing a soldier but I want to make the character hold on the to a rifle with 2 hands. I want him to be able to point and shoot it with both hands. Any ideas? I used point and parent constraints but the hands floated around thru the rifle and only one hand was able to do it. How would you do it?

EA Games
# 2 20-10-2007 , 01:44 AM
id put a two joint skeleton straight through the rifle then paint in the weights properly so the rifle doesnt bend and stretch. Then parent the first joint to the soldiers front hand then the second joint to the second hand. If the hands float through the rifle this is just a key frame animation issue which could easily be fixed....................... well maybe not to easily but can be fixed hope this helps you i havnt tried this method out its just an idea so tell me if it works lol