Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-01-2007 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber

skin weight maps problem help needed ASAP

hi as the title suggests i'm having problems, the thing is i modeled a head and did all the rigging and skinning thing, the only problem is i forgot to delete all the history the model had acumilated, the history seems to be affecting the head when i try to rotate or traslate lets say the botom jaw everything flips out, so what someone suggested was that i delete the history on the head, but the thing is if i delete the history then the painting
weights info is lost, so a while later i found out that it was possible to export skin weight maps, and delete the history then import the skin weight maps back onto the model, here lies the problem when i import the weights back onto the model it's as though no paint weights have been added,

what am i doing wrong?

# 2 12-01-2007 , 02:41 AM
Subscriber
u can delete non deformer history on your mesh.
so... read up on the manual.

# 3 12-01-2007 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by vladimirjp
u can delete non deformer history on your mesh.
so... read up on the manual.

i've already tried deleting non deformer history, before it only helped a little bit i'm still getting some problems

# 4 12-01-2007 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
i think there are alternative to maya's export skin weights on highend 3d.
and they actually work better.
search there. i havent rigged in maya in a while, i dont remember how its called.