Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-03-2005 , 02:26 PM

Movie-texture with opacity for wasp wings

Hi!

I’m pretty new to Maya and have been struggling with this problem for a while.

I’m modelling and animating a flying wasp and since the wings flap much faster than 25 frames per second, I’ve done an animation (avi-movie) of the wings in After Effects. I had no problems attaching the movie to a texture on a polygon plane (see image) and getting it to play, but I also need a transparency map. I tried to use the same movie as transparency but nothing happens (except the edge becomes a bit jagged). I also tried using a series of images but I get an error saying “Warning: Texture file doesn't exist, node file1”.

I’d be forever grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction, or perhaps knows of a smarter way of solving the problem!

Thanks alot /Tove, Sweden

Attached Images
# 2 05-03-2005 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
Haven't tried this, but if you can post the wings animated clip I'll take a stab at trying to figure a way to do this.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 05-03-2005 , 09:01 PM
That's really nice of you! I would really appreciate some help.
The file was too big to post here, so emailed it to you, hope that's okey.

Thank you! Kindly /tove

# 4 24-03-2005 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
how many frames is this animtion. if not too many just make an alpha channel for every frame. and recompile it.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.