Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-12-2017 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber

Computer spec list: best bang for the buck..

I need to update the specs on my computer I have some questions.

Would the specs be the same for someone using Maya and VFX as it is from someone using it to build a game using UE4 or Unity?

Can anyone advise what would be a good computer spec list (CPU, GPU, Memory) that is best bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 20-12-2017 , 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Given that a lot of modern renderers have great GPU capabilities, I'd say at this point, the answer to the first question is yes if you're going with a gaming card.

And as far as suggesting a good bang for your buck, well that's a bit difficult without a budget.

- Genny
# 3 20-12-2017 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Gen, I will start looking for a good and affordable GPU.

# 4 22-12-2017 , 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
I thought I might add that with all the talk about video cards, hopefully I didn't downplay the importance of a good CPU. You know your pipeline better than I do so if you're using cloth simulation software (like Marvelous Designer for example) that leans hard on CPU, then these are things to take into consideration.

- Genny